Sport Funding & Impact
The government is providing additional funding per annum to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.The funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary school head teachers.
Purpose of funding:
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
At Miserden Primary School
We believe that every child should be given the opportunity to develop physically, emotionally and socially through a range of activities that support, challenge and enhances their whole development. We believe this can be achieved through engagement with PE and sport. We have identified specific setting and small school issues with the aim of removing any barriers to opportunities and increasing participation in sport. The range of activities extend beyond the school day and have included:
- Extra-curricular clubs including, football, circuits, tag-rugby, archery
- Involvement with inter school competitions:
- Cluster events –Archery, football, cricket
- Links with local and national sports clubs/Associations - Cheltenham Town Football Club, School Games.
- Outdoor and adventurous activities including Forest School activities
- Annual sports day - every child participating as part of a team throughout the event
Please have a look at the documents below to find out how Miserden C.E. Primary School will be using the PE and Sports funding to benefit the whole school.
These are working documents and are updated regularly.
The allocation for Miserden Primary School Primary:
- 2015/16 - £8249
- 2016/17 - £8222
- 2017/18 -£16350