After School Club Supervisor x2
Miserden Primary School is looking for two caring, dependable, and enthusiastic After School Club Supervisors to deliver activities for children between the ages of 4 and 11.
The role would be term time only from 3pm to 5pm Mondays to Fridays, starting Monday 6th September 2021.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and deliver a range of play based activities on a daily basis.
- Organise a ‘light tea’, keep the catering facilities clean and help to maintain stock levels.
- Creating a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all.
- Supervise and interact with children during clubs, encouraging positive social skills.
- Communicate effectively with children, colleagues and parents.
- Be part of a team and work closely with other after school care supervisors.
This job will require an enhanced DBS check, two references and an interview. If you are interested, please get in touch with headteacher, Mrs Lucie Mitchell.
Telephone: 01285 821 463
Teaching Assistant (SEN) 1-1
|School||Miserden C of E Primary School|
01285 821 463
|Title||Teaching Assistant 1-1|
|Contract||Fixed term to 20 July 2022 initially|
|Application Date||9.00am on Monday 21st June 2021|
Miserden Primary School is a small and very nurturing school who are looking for a SEND Teaching Assistant with experience. The suitable candidate will need to be able to support an individual on a one to one basis in a small mixed key stage class. A calm and consistent approach is required and a good knowledge of My Plan Plus and EHCPs are essential, both in terms of helping to set targets and to review objectives.
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience of working with children with SEN in particular supporting children with behavioural difficulties
- To be able to establish good relationships with children whilst setting firm boundaries
- To be committed to inclusion and working in partnership with parents and outside agencies
- To be able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- To be resilient, positive, sensitive and calm
- To be committed to ongoing training
This is a full time, fixed term post until 20.07.2022 initially. The post is Fixed Term to assist with the needs of a named child and as such is subject to their attendance at school or the result of any review of SEN.
Visits to the school are warmly welcome. Please contact the School Office to arrange a visit (Telephone: 01285 821 463).
Further details and application form are available on the school website or from the school office.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
Teach allocated pupils by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed
- setting tasks and utilising teaching strategies which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest
- setting appropriate and demanding expectations
- setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
- identifying SEN or very able pupils
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge
- maintaining discipline in accordance with the school's procedures
- encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
- evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness
- ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support
- encouraging pupils to think and talk about their learning, develop self-control and independence, concentrate, persevere and listen attentively
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- To utilise assessment systems to monitor and report on pupils’ progress
- To keep parents informed of their children’s progress both through formal meetings and also through informal conversations
- To prepare and present informative written reports to parents.