Teaching Assistant (SEN) 1-1
|School||Miserden C of E Primary School|
01285 821 463
|Title||Teaching Assistant (SEN)|
|Hours||27 hours per week|
|Contract||Fixed term contract (Until 20.07.2022)|
|Closing Date||23/09/2021 9am|
Miserden Primary School is a small and very nurturing school who are looking for a SEND Teaching Assistant with experience. The suitable candidate will need to be able to support an individual on a one to one basis in a small mixed key stage class. A calm and consistent approach is required and a good knowledge of My Plan Plus and EHCPs are essential, both in terms of helping to set targets and to review objectives.
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience of working with children with SEN in particular supporting children with behavioural difficulties
- To be able to establish good relationships with children whilst setting firm boundaries
- To be committed to inclusion and working in partnership with parents and outside agencies
- To be able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- To be resilient, positive, sensitive and calm
- To be committed to ongoing training
This is a full time, fixed term post until 20.07.2022 initially. The post is Fixed Term to assist with the needs of a named child and as such is subject to their attendance at school or the result of any review of SEN.
Visits to the school are warmly welcome. Please contact the School Office to arrange a visit (Telephone: 01285 821 463).
Further details and application form are available on the school website or from the school office.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.